How to Remove Mold in the Attic of Merrimack Homes
SERVPRO Has Expertise in Remediating Mold in the Attic of Affected Merrimack Homes
The attic is among the common areas of mold infestation in homes. It tends to have ideal mold growth conditions, including an abundant food source from the wood sheathing and hot, humid conditions. In addition, many homeowners do not go up in the attic often. So, mold can grow undisturbed for years.
The moisture issue that can lead to mold growth in attics includes insufficient or blocked ventilation, roof leaks, and improper exhausting of dryer vents or bathroom fans. Thankfully, SERVPRO can handle the mold in the attic of your Merrimack residence promptly. Some of the signs of an attic mold problem include:
- An attic that feels excessively stuffy or hot – Normal attics should feel breezy if they are well ventilated. If your attic is stuffy, it is a sign of a ventilation issue, leading to mold growth.
- Dark black staining on wooden surfaces – If the wood on your attic shows black discoloration, the issue has moved beyond moisture.
- Damp insulation in the attic.
- Water that drips from bath fans, light fixtures, and smoke detectors.
- A moldy or musty odor in the attic.
Expert Attic Mold Remediation
Attic jobs are complicated, and there is a chance that people with little experience cannot complete the job well. In addition, it is essential to fix the moisture problem and the mold problem to avoid repeating the job. When you hire SERVPRO, you can have peace of mind that we did the job right for yourself and your family.
Our SERVPRO team can perform chemical-based remediation using powerful cleaning agents to kill the mold and then cover the attic with potent antifungal sealers that prevent mold from growing back. Another strategy is abrasive blasting. Our SERVPRO technicians can use abrasive blasting equipment to propel a stream of abrasive mediums like soda ash, dry ice, or sand against the affected surface. This equipment works using pressurized airflow or a motor-driven wheel to offer the desired finish on the substrate.
If you need mold remediation services, contact SERVPRO of Merrimack for help. You can reach us at (603) 262-9293.